I’ve speculated about the possible connections between aesthetic attraction and biology before. I took some photos on vacation and I’m posting the ones I like best, including one of my former workplace. I think these pictures also illustrate an idea from an article I read a long time ago, that visual art is satisfying when it has an amount of complexity that is much like what is seen in nature (the illustration was a Jackson Pollock compared with a thicket), and the authors discussed a mathematical description of the pictures. Here are the pix!
- RT @MarkHarrisNYC: Whatever happens on Tuesday, the President of the United States endorsed a child molester who thinks gay people should b… 4 hours ago
- RT @tribelaw: The crescendo of baseless claims that Mueller & the FBI are biased and corrupt is rising at an alarming pace. It’s easy to se… 4 hours ago
- RT @jehorowitz: Are you in Alabama and in college? Guess what: NONE of the polling is expecting you to turn out for this election. Your fut… 13 hours ago
- I did it and you can too. Keep a man who's probably a pedophile out of Congress. He's grossly unqualified! twitter.com/GDouglasJones/… 1 day ago
- RT @AdamSerwer: A head of state publicly calling for a journalist to be fired is a textbook threat to freedom of speech. https://t.co/1NhRe… 1 day ago