I’ve speculated about the possible connections between aesthetic attraction and biology before. I took some photos on vacation and I’m posting the ones I like best, including one of my former workplace. I think these pictures also illustrate an idea from an article I read a long time ago, that visual art is satisfying when it has an amount of complexity that is much like what is seen in nature (the illustration was a Jackson Pollock compared with a thicket), and the authors discussed a mathematical description of the pictures. Here are the pix!
- RT @JayLund113: @starryflo Taking one day entirely off each week got me through. 6 days ago
- RT @EmrgencyKittens: Danger bush https://t.co/Th2PVEJ1PR 1 week ago
- RT @AmFisheriesSoc: March 5 (Monday) 2:00pm EST: Free #AFS webinar on #Bioenergetics with research scientist #DavidDeslauriers @FishOceansC… 3 weeks ago
- RT @AllenCMarshall: Let this sink in: The children who survived last week's mass shooting are now getting death threats from NRA supporter… 3 weeks ago
- RT @girlsreallyrule: #AlyssaAlhadeff, a student who was killed in her high school last week, was only 14 years old. Her mother has asked th… 4 weeks ago